UKATA Approved Asbestos Awareness course
Duration: 3-4 hour
- Heating and ventilation engineers
- Shop fitters
- Demolition Workers
- Gas fitters
- Carpenters and joiners
- Computer installers
- General maintenance staff e.g. caretakers
- Roofing contractors
- Telecommunications engineers
- Painters and Decorators
- Building surveyors
- Cable layers
- Construction workers
- Fire and burglar alarm installers
It is aimed at making the candidates aware of the dangers associated with exposure to airborne asbestos fibres through unknowingly coming into contact with asbestos materials. It does NOT train you to work with asbestos containing materials (ACM's).
Awareness training will involve:-
- Overview of the history of asbestos.
- Overview of the legal requirements.
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health.
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings and plant.
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos.
- The general procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency.
- Conclusion and Test.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a UKATA approved certificate.
To find out more about this course, please contact us.